Quality certification involves a third party (accredited by an authorised international body) declaring that a certain product, process or service complies with a specific standard or regulatory document.
This allows potential customers not to blindly trust a supplier but to be sure that the latter has adopted standardised administrative and production control methods.
The Vision version of ISO 9001:2000 certification features the following main advantages:
• direct planning to customers
• involvement of company employees
• process-based assessment criteria
• corporate decisions based on acquired data
• mutually beneficial supplier/customer agreement